A Mindful Menopause with Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, Menopause is viewed as a natural transitional phase in a woman’s life, not as a disease condition.
Menopause means complete stopping of monthly period cycle. Scientifically speaking, a woman is said to have reached menopause when she has not had a period for one year. Though menopause is a natural phenomenon, the transition involves a lot of hormonal changes and imbalance. In certain cases, where Hysterectomy (surgical removal of Uterus) has been done, women have to face induced menopause.
The Perimenopausal period i.e. the in-between duration where periods become irregular to when periods actually stop, is when the woman experiences most of the symptoms due to hormonal imbalance. This is often termed as the ‘menopausal syndrome’. The symptoms can be Mental, Physical or Psycho-somatic.
• Thinning hair
• Mental disturbances
SYMPTOMS OF MENOPAUSE
• hot flashes
• Sleep disturbances
• mood changes
• vaginal dryness
• Urinary problems
• drying out and thinning of the skin
Presently, there is no effective treatment available for menopausal syndrome in modern science.
Through Ayurveda therapies, Menopausal syndrome can be managed very effectively. Research has shown that specific Ayurvedic herbs, e.g. Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Jatamansi, Ashoka, etc. have phyto-constituents and mimic estrogenic activities.
At Sattvam Ayurveda, following specialized treatments are available:
- Exclusive Abhyanga with dosha-specific herbal oils
- Marma massage for balancing energy flow
- Rajo-nivrutti doshahar Basti
- Shirodhara with customized blends of oil
- Uttar basti for cleansing the uterus
- Yoni-dhavan for vaginal symptoms
- Yoni pichu for dryness of vagina
- Personalised Panchakarma plans
- Personalised advice for diet, yoga, meditation.
- Continuous support and counseling for positive thinking
Ayurveda treatments like the Shirodhara has excellent results in reducing anxiety, stress, depression, sleep disturbances, etc. associated with hormonal imbalance in Menopause.
At Sattvam Ayurveda, we follow a unique integrated approach of ancient Indian system of medicine and modern medicine for excellent management of Menopausal syndrome.
sense of wholeness.